DIET AND WEIGHT LOSS
Let’s take diet and weight management as a common New Year’s resolution example. Despite a multitude of different diet approaches, there doesn’t seem to be a ‘one size fits all’ answer, pardon the pun. From the sugar-quitting fans to the passionate paleos, the gluten-free gurus to the low-carb lovers, what approach is right for you?
Thankfully, there is no one way to good health and people are starting to come around to this. Rather than placing your proverbial eggs in one basket, perhaps try a simpler approach.
Try a ‘healthy-ish’ approach to diet and weight loss. You can still enjoy eating the things you like, however take a common sense approach to health and diet.
HEALTH AND DIET
According to the World Health Organisation, health is about a state of complete physical, mental and social well being. Think of health as a balancing act in which all aspects of your life need to be taken into account and thought about.
In thinking about your approach to better health this year, try this short quiz. Do you struggle to stick to a diet? Behavioural scientists at CSIRO believe the secret to successful weight loss is understanding your unique diet type (The Back Clinic is not endorsing any particular diet type).
The CSIRO have come up with five diet types. Can you related to any of these?
- The Thinker: You over think things, leading to stress and mood swings. This upsets your eating habits.
- The Craver: You tend to experience food cravings that lead to overeating in certain situations. This can be triggered by stress, certain interactions or activities.
- The Foodie: You are passionate about food. Food is always on your mind, whether it’s making, eating or experiencing it.
- The Socialiser: You’re eating habits are in part dependent on your social setting. What you eat, how much you eat and when you eat are determined by what’s around you, rather than a meal plan.
- The Freewheeler: You are spontaneous and tend to live in the here-and-now.
CHIROPRACTIC MESSAGE: WE HAVE YOUR BACK IN 2024 AND BEYOND
Regardless of how you approach your diet, having a holistic outlook on your health should involve a balanced diet, exercise, adequate rest, good posture and a healthy spine and nervous system.
As chiropractors, the team at The Back Clinic know only too well the problems that arise when your spine and nervous system are not maintained. Issues such as back pain, headaches, muscle tension reduced performance may arise when your have spinal problems.
Chiropractors are the spinal health professionals, and use a hands-on, drug-free approach to health care that includes patient examination, diagnosis and treatment.
CONTACT THE BACK CLINIC TODAY
Start 2024 right and contact The Back Clinic now to schedule your next adjustment. We look forward to seeing you and helping you to create your healthiest year ever!
“Our Vision is to expand The Back Clinic into multiple centres and promote optimal health to our wider Australian community. For every man, woman and child.
Get your powers on!”
-Dr. Omar Ayouby (Chiropractor)
The Back Clinic
Chiropractor in Rockdale
Please phone (02) 9592 1282
Shop 4/18 Market St, Rockdale 2216.
Chiropractor in Bankstown
Please phone (02) 9708 6011
6/434 Chapel Road, Bankstown, NSW, 2200